Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sadness

My mother's sister had a stroke last week. This has been an incredibly hard time on our family. My Aunt is just receiving comfort measures only at this time. She has suffered more strokes and heart failure this last week since her hospitalization. It is hard to believe that she is going to pass. It is like we are all holding our breath to see if she has made it through the night. She was a wonderful mother to my 3 cousins. We have great memories of spending time with them in Portland during the summer months when we were young. Camp meeting was a very great time with my mom's family. We stayed with her when we adopted our precious daughter Gabby. She got to see our daughter before my parents did. I will always honor her and share that special bond with Gabby.

I pray that my Aunt will be at peace and not suffer any pain. I know she is in God's loving hands and I will see her in heaven.
J

No comments: