Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Today Is Princess Day!

We are going to have a special Mommy and daughter day today!
I called the school and let them know that Gabby needed a special day with Mommy before we leave and are gone for 2 weeks in China.

So we got up late and are eating breakfast. We have plans to go to this wonderful toy store called Snap Doodles here in the Kenmoore area, then off to pick up Daddy for lunch out, hopefully get her hair cut as it is way too long, and then to Build A Bear Workshop to make a special stuffed animal. I want her to have something to sleep with to remind her how much we love her while we are gone and that she is very special!

I also made her 16 red bags. One to be opened each night before she goes to bed. Each one has something different in it and a few pieces of candy. I hit the dollar section at Michael's and Target and got some cute items. I still want to write some notes for them and put some random pictures of us in some of them.

We will be using Skype to be in touch with her via our web cam. That way she can talk with us and see baby brother Jon Jon. They can then begin to bond and talk together!

I am so very excited I can hardly contain myself!

I have a bunch of photo's to post, but will do it later. I need to go spend time with my girl!



Photo from Always 13 Creative Commons

3 more days until we leave for China!! I can hardly wait! I finally came to the realization that we can't take everything.... Just take what fits and we definitely will need.




5 more days until we see this precious little emperor who will be our SON!!!
Godspeed Jon Jon! Mommy and Daddy can not wait to see you and kiss your sweet cheeks!

5 comments:

cara said...

We are very excited for you! Cara

frogglet said...

What a great and special way to spend the day before leaving. I am sure Princess will treasure it. The red bags sound perfect.
Can't believe when youcome back you will have 2 precious ones to love on.

Can't wait to see Jon Jon in your arms.

TanyaLea said...

Oh Jody...I am SO excited for you! And what a perfect day to set aside with your daughter before you leave. I LOVE that you are making it all about her and so special. YOU are a WONDERFUL mama!!! And what a great idea with the 16 red bags...LOVE IT!!

Have a blessed day with your princess!

Love and Hugs,
~ Tanya

P.S.>> Your pkg arrived today...they're all adorable..thank you so much! :)

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

What a special day! Hope it was WONDERFUL! I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to see Jon Jon as part of the family!

Kayce said...

I love days like that! I bet you guys had the best day together and made many wonderful memories that will get Gabby through the two weeks you're apart. The bags are great! I did that with Jacob when we went on our honeymoon. When we got back he asked for a week where his bag was. LOL!! I can't wait to see Jon Jon in your arms my friend! A blessed moment for sure! I still need to email you!!! I better do it QUICK!!!