Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I am recovering!!

Hi everyone,

So, I had my surgery last Friday for my right ankle. It took about 2 hours. Smooth and no nausea. They gave me a block at my knee for pain before the surgery started. That part was rough as they were digging around alittle behind my knee trying to find the exact nerve to block. It was painful. We got home around 11:15 and I crawled up the stairs.
I have crutches which are not the easiest things to move around on. I am being really good about not putting any weight on my right foot. I am set up in my bedroom and going between the bed and a glider with ottoman. Occasionally I am napping. Saturday night was really rough as the block began to wear off. The nerve pain is not fun to experience. Lots of sharp needle poke pain and hot burning pain. I still have numbness of my toes and mid foot which is to be expected due to the surgery. I go back in 1.5 weeks for post op and a cast.
The one thing I can not stand is not washing my hair. Hubby is going to go look for that dry shampoo for me today to use. Meanwhile I am using lots of hair things!

Oh, the cute thing is my cat and dog are like major love bugs and not wanting to leave my side!! Such sweetie pies!

No news on our PA or LOA. : (

HAT SWAP!!!

I am going to be setting up a Hat swap for our adorable ones! I was talking with Cora and since we have boys on the way we thought this would be fun to do. You can request a boy or girl hat for the swap. It will be the perfect time of year to do with winter on its way. I hope to get it set up by the end of the week.

Hugs,

5 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like you are doing well..
Glad to hear it..
Hat swap sounds like fun..
have a great week..

frogglet said...

I have been thinking about you and hoping it went well. Keep off that foot, you have to recover well, you will be chasing a toddler soon!

The hat swap will be fun.

Take Care.

Kayce said...

Glad all went well! You've been in my prayers! Now get that foot all good and healed up so you can run around in China! :)

Would love to do a hat swap!!

Amy said...

Hey, Jody. Hope you're feeling much better and up and running soon...'cuz you are going to be "up and running soon" with your Little Emporer, sweet friend!

(((HUG)))

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Glad to hear you are recovering!