Friday, August 1, 2008

A Birthday Surprise


On Tuesdays my daughter and I go to a friends house to have facilitated play date. This last Tuesday my girlfriends Amy and Erin were going to take me out for my Birthday. We went to the Purple Sage Cafe in Woodinville and surprise there were 2 other of my girlfriends there Konnie and Andrea. We had the best time just catching up and celebrating the Big 50. Another friend Casey was unable to make it do to no child care. She made me the most delicious chocolate with raspberry filling cake with a fondant icing. It was just so pretty and delicate. Unfortunately no one had a camera.

I did take a picture once I got home of the beautiful bouquet that Amy put together from her garden. Just look at those roses, bachelor buttons and hydrangea's. She left to go back East for 3 weeks and told me to go over to her house to cut flowers.I am so excited! I can't wait to go cutting. My garden is pretty new and the plants are young. Therefore I just cut a few things for vases in the house.

Anyway, I just had to share what wonderful friends I have. They have been extremely supportive and understanding with this whole adoption thing.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for stopping by....
LOVE your arrangement.. it is beautiful..
What wonderful friends..
Have a Great Sunday...

k1 said...

I drive by the Purple Sage at least 2-3 times a week but have never eaten there. Well, I think I did when it was the Golden Goat, but that's been a while.

Glad you have such fun and loving friends.